Endpoint Protection Platform Search Over for Global Healthcare System
Posted December 21, 2018 by Sayers
Who’s down with EPP? (Every last Healthcare)
One the world’s largest operators of health care facilities retained Sayers to capture, assess, and recommend a series of specific requirements relevant to their endpoint security needs across multiple vendors.
Using a “Down Select” Process to Speed Up EPP Search
Timeframe for selection was reduced by 75%
A Fortune 500 client needed a requirements-driven approach to evaluate end point security solutions to deploy across more than 100,000 end points. The organization needed a resource to make effective product decisions and validate technology integration in a very short timeframe.
Sayers was tasked with capturing a series of specific requirements relevant to the client’s endpoint security needs and comparing to capabilities across multiple vendors and deliver the findings via Formal Solution Recommendation Document.
Per the completion of the service engagement, Sayers provided a formal Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) solution recommendation backed by impartial, direct, empirical evidence discovered through the product evaluation process.
The services provided by Sayers to included full project management provisioning with:
- Stakeholder interviews and requirement definition creation
- Vendor RFI/questionnaire creation and response processing
- Vendor capability comparison
- Proof-of-concept (POC) in Sayers Lab
- Environment configuration
- Corporate standard build/image acquisition and configuration
- POC testing guide and materials development
- POC with each vendor (10 vendors per client request)
- Facilitate required information for client decision
In addition, the evaluation was NOT based on subjective criteria from outside sources, but applicable criteria defined by the client.
In the end, the Endpoint Protection Platform solution met the requirements defined across the following main areas:
- Installation & provisioning
- Threat detection & mitigation
- Product features and capabilities
- Management & administration
Sayers used a unique “down select” process to help the client identify the best optimal EPP solution. This process accelerated the client’s reduced timeframe from 12 to 18 months to just three months.
Sayers Endpoint Security Assessment
With hundreds of thousands of malicious programs registered daily by the AV-Test Institute, traditional end-point security solutions may not effectively provide protection against Malware. Sayers can help upgrade, replace or augment your end point security with methods and product technologies.
- Baseline of implementation
- Education on technology landscapes and solutions
- Detailed matrix of recommendations leveraging defined metrics
- Concierge POC service